Monday, May 12, 2014

Pressed Flower Notebook

A few weeks ago a friend asked if I knew that Emily Dickinson had kept a large collection of pressed flowers and plants. I didn't know. You can read more about it and see actual pages of her books here

I bought a flower press last year after another friend shared hers with us one day. Leafing through pages of perfectly pressed flowers inspired me to want to do the same, and hearing about Emily Dickinson's collection, of course, had the same effect. I haven't had time to label them all yet, but here's the result so far:










Just flipping through the pages it's amazing how fragrant they still are. Particularly the sage and everlasting. I hope it's a notebook that others will flip through with fond memories of me some far off day from now.  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, Naomi--they look wonderful. We have pressed flowers here and there, but we just started a collection in earnest last week, as a matter of fact, and I see lots of familiar friends in your collection! :) I have been trying to figure out how best to mount our specimens...right now I still have them in our press. Yours actually look really nice with just the plain tape, so maybe I'll try that.

    ReplyDelete